Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Magic Medicine

 Ever since Covid struck the world in 2020, I noticed from around Sep 2020 a stiffness in the left side of my waist which progressively became more and more painful like a nagging sore which wouldn't heal. I realised that age must be setting in and started doing aerobics and stretching exercises regularly which seemed to alleviate the pain somewhat but not completely. I thought it might be deficiency in Vit D or calcium, so I started to take calcium supplements and sit in the sun for 20mins everyday. The pain seemed to be less but never went away completely on any day. In Jan 2021 I visited an orthopedic in a reputed hospital and narrated my problems- constant dull ache around waist area specially on the left side. He advised X-ray in which nothing came up. I insisted that it was a kind of joint pain but the doctor seemed quite puzzled as to what medicine to prescribe. When I told it seemed to get better when I sat in the sun, he prescribed a course of Vit D capsules to be taken weekly and physiotherapy. I continued with the vit D capsules for nearly a year but the pain never went away completely. It always came back like a nagging sore. Then recently since the last month I started taking a Vit B capsule which is very common and easily available and found that when I took it the pain seemed to go, but with any other medicine it would not go away. So I discarded all other medicines and continued only with this medicine and lo behold I am pain free after nearly two years when I was thinking that I must have rheumatoid arthritis & would have to go for hip replacement soon. Hope the medicine continues to work wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is extremely important for me. So do leave a comment.