Friday, December 9, 2011

Strange incident on 11th Feb 2010

A very strange incident happened yesterday. Sona had
gone for the dance class, and I was worried about her as
she was having vertigo problem and had been sent back from
school on Friday and again on tuesday. I was to pick her
up at 6.45pm, but started at 6.15 from the house. As I was
going towards the lift I noticed a pigeon outside the 2nd
manual lift,just beside the door. The lift was operating
and if someone opened the lift door from within (they
would do it unknowingly as they would not know that the
pigeon was outside), the pigeon could be crushed. I tried
to shoo the pigeon but it just stared at me with blank red
eyes. I wondered later whether it was sleepy or not
feeling well as I had not noticed pigeons at that place
before and they usually flew away when they see humans.
Anyway I noted that it was in the recess area beside the
lift and probably would move away if someone opened the
lift from within. While going down the automatic lift I
just remembered that I was carrying a bottle of water
which I could sprinkle to shoo the pigeon. But the lift
was already moving down by this time and I did not come up
again.
When I returned with Sona the pigeon was lying
dead outside the lift. Someone must have opened the lift
door and crushed it. I was exceedingy upset by this
incident, as I felt that if I had just shooed the pigeon
away its life might have been saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is extremely important for me. So do leave a comment.